Scotch Egg Sauce- ¼ - ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ - ½ cup dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp summer savory if dry, 1 Tbsp if fresh [optional]
- 1 Tbsp horseradish
Combine these ingredients at least 4 hours before making the sauce and let set together in the refrigerator. This makes the onions take on the texture and flavor of pickled onions without having to buy pickled onions. If you wish to skip the wait you can substitute pickled onions.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2-6 cooked egg yolks [depending on how many you mess up peeling them for the scotch eggs]
- ½ cup sour cream [optional]
- about 16 ounces mayonaisse
Combine the mustard mixture with the rest of the ingredients.
Notes: I actually prefer the taste without the savory, but it is closer to the sauce I'm attempting to reproduce with the savory. The sour cream smooths out the texture and flavor, but isn't necessary. If you wait until everything else is blended and then coarsely chop in the cream cheese and egg yolks and barely blend them the sauce has an interesting lumpy texture.