Honey Pie Cake-2 c flour
-1 c sugar
-1/2 c crisco or lard
-2/3 c honey
-1/3 c light syrup
-1 t baking soda
-1 c warm water
1. Combine flour and syrup in a large bowl. Cut in Crisco until it is crumbly.
2. Combine syrup, honey, and egg in a meduium bowl. Beat at low speed until blended.
3. Stir baking soda into warm water. Stir into honey mix. Carefully fold in crumb mix, only enough to misten.
4. Butter and flour a rectangular cake pan, and pour in batter.
5. Bake at 350 F until done. This cake should be moist and tender when done, springy, a golden color, and a cake tester stuck in the center should come out clean.
6. Best served warm, with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, or a little butter.