Shoo-Fly Pie-2 c flour
-1 c sugar
-1/2 c crisco or lard
-2/3 c dark corn syrup
-1/3 c molasses
-1 t baking soda
-1 c warm water
1. Combine flour and syrup in a large bowl. Cut in Crisco until it is crumbly.
2. Combine syrup, molasses, and egg in a meduium bowl. Beat at low speed until blended.
3. Stir baking soda into warm water. Stir into molasses mix. Stir in half of crumb mix.
4. Divide molasses mix equally into 2 unbaked pie crusts. Sprinkle each with half of the remaining crumbs.
5. Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes, reduce oven to 350 and bake 25-30 minutes more or until set. You will want to set the pies on a cookie sheet while baking, because sometimes they overflow a little.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate leftover pie.